Tuesday, May 27

end of the year reflections....

Okay, it is that time of year... and I would like all of you to reflect on the things that we covered in class this year (all of them). Use your notebooks/binders to help you remember some of the things that we did, talked about, read, and worked on. After you have found a few things, and you have filled out the reflection sheet, make your comment(s).

Ms. Clancy's reflections....

I have learned quite a few things this year, even at my age! I learned that each and everyone of you, 6th grade students, has a great amount of potential, but you need to believe in yourselves in order to tap into it. I think that you all have some fabulous qualities and talents that make you special. My hope is that you show those wonderful traits to your upcoming teachers and eventually to your employers.

I have also learned that in order to grab your attention and keep you focused I had to wander around the room non-stop! :) I learned that you liked to be read too and that writing wasn't your favorite thing to do. I learned that talking was your strong point--- of course, I mean talking about your books with other students. :)

I wish that we could have worked in the workshop format longer and read more books! I also wish that we could have finished Among the Hidden--- time just didn't allow for it.

There are a number of things I will change next year and I hope that through your reflections you will find some things that you would like change or work on.

Good Luck....Ms. Clancy

47 comments:

Anonymous said...

In reading, I learned: about WOD's Story Elements, line plots, and poetry.

I have improved on/with: WOD's because I've been studying my words more.

The best thing about this year was: Workshop

The hardest thing we learned/I did was : WOD's

I wish I would have: come in to fix because i would have had waaaaaay better grades!

Next year I will make sure that I: come in more often.

Some things I am going to mis in 6th grade: are all my teachers, Mr. Smith!, and getting away with things, just kidding ;)


Yeah 6th Grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you all! Good luck next year!


Madison Morrison

Anonymous said...

In Reading this whole year i learned how to use story elements, WOD words, about poems, about the different kinds of resoureses, what a similie and a metaphor is, timelines, double bubble maps (etc.), I/C/W, inffering, and what a boigraphy is. I have improved on getting better grades because I worked alot harder. The hardest thing i learned was the comprehension worksheets. I wish I would have done better the 1st 3 quarters because I didnt do so good then. Next year i will make sure that I do all of my work. Some things i will miss in 6th grade would have to be the best teachers in the world. (but i know that i will have some more great teachers in the 7th grade.)

Anonymous said...

what we learned about this year was:Maineeak Magee,poetry,hikus,limireck's,
lowkues,biogrhys,cinkanesother stuf like that.

Ihave also how to perswade someone,grab someones atention, and how to informe them about serten information.

I have improved with reading fleunty.

Next year i will pay more atteon.

Something I will miss is all my teachers.:) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Name:Kristin Brown
MBARK:Mrs.Mcnitt

In READING, I learned:wod's, plotline, workshop, lowku, Haiku, Cinquaine, personafication, limerick, resources, comprehension

I have improved on: comprehension sheets because: i took my time

The best thing about reading this year was: doing poetry

The hardest thing I did was:plotlines

I wish i would have: read more books Because: i could have had more fun

Next Year I will make sure that I read more books

Somethings I am going to miss in 6th grade: poetry and my teachers

Anonymous said...

Things I learned this year in READING: About STORY ELEMENTS, POETRY, NEWER/BIGGER WORDS (WOD) and EVENTS OF PLOT!

I have improved on/with: POETRY, because I really enjoyed it, and my mom says that I inherrieted her writing skills! (she was a writer for her highschool newspaper) she is really good at writing.

The best thing about this year was: HAVING MS. CALNCY AS A TEACHER!

The hardest thing we learned?I did was: PERSONIFACATIONS

I wish I would have: WORKED HARDER AT HANDING STUFF IN ON TIME because it put me behind when I didn't get stuff in because the other papers would pile up too.

Next year I will make sure that I: HAND PAPERS IN ON TIME!!

Some things I am going to miss in 6th Grade: MY TEACHERS(although I'll see Mr. Smith around Adams I won't have him for a teacher though because he's teaching on the GOLD team I am on the BLUE team!)


~*rm8*~

Anonymous said...

I have learned story elements, lowkui, haikui, cinquian,alleteration, poem, the big book report and how to do it, the 5 finger rule, double bubble map, and plot lines

Anonymous said...

In reading I learned story elements, poetry, flow maps, Resources, biography, plotline, double bubble map, I.C.W, and the 5finger rule.

I have improved on/with the poetry stuff
I didn't really get it from the start.


My favorite thing in here was the poetry!

nothing was hard!

next year I am going to read more!

I AM REALLY GOING TO MISS ALL THE TEACHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

IN READING, I LEARNED: How to make all kinds of poems like hiku, limerick. We also learned how to make double bubble maps and flow maps.
I HAVE IMPROVED ON: making poems.
BECAUSE: My vocab has expanded.
THE BEST ABOUT READIG THIS YEAR WAS: We didn't have much homework.
THE HARDEST THING WE LEARNED WAS: Resorce references.
I WISH I WOULD HAVE: Turned in all papers on time because it effected my grade.
NEXT YEAR I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I:
Turn in all paper on time.
SOME THINGS I'M GOING TO MISS ABOUT 6TH GRADE: Is Mr. Smith.

Anonymous said...

I have learned a few things this year
I learned that making good choices and doing quality work really pays off because you get to make fun projects dealing with what your talking about in class:)

But in order to do those fun projects you need to stay focused on your work and make Ms. Clancy roam around the room like a vulture:)

I wish that the class next year will like and love the things that you did this year and all of the new things you are going to do next year. GOOD LUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

I've learned alot this year especially in reading for example I learned the types of poetry, what story elements are, and what the five finger rule is.I've also learned how to make a plot line and a double bubble map. I thank you for your hard work to try and teach me the things I need to know for the seventh grade

Anonymous said...

1) In READING, I learned WOD'S, Story Elements, Poetry, Plotline, Workshop, Comprehension Worksheets.

2) I have improved on my reading level.

3) The best thing about reading this year was the competitions we had.

4) The hardest thing I did was the Biography Project.

5)I wish I would have read more because we had to read to do some assignments and if you didn't read, it was a lot harder.

6) Next year I will make sure that I read more!!

7)Some things that I am going to miss in 6th grade are my teachers.

Anonymous said...

I learned that school is important and that I need to take school work and school more seriously.
In reading I have learned how to write a limerick and hiaku.I can write poems easier because, I know what kinds there are.The hardest poem to write is a limerick.I wish I would have paid more attention.
I am going to miss the 6th grade teachers.

Anonymous said...

In reading this year I learned about hikus, lowkus, and oter types of poetry. I improved on WOD words becausee I practice more than I used to.The best thing about reading this year wasthe biographies when we got to make our movies.The hardest thing I did was thinking about what our poems were going to be about.I wish I would have read more because I was behind on my reading.Next year I willmake sure that I read more. Some things I am going to miss in sixth grade is my teachers, and the easy work we did compared to what we'll do in thenext years of school in seventh, eighth, and evn ninth grade and years to come in our school work. Thanks a lot Ms.Clancy for making this a great year!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

In READING, I learned: about the poetry types which are haiku, cinquain, alliteration, and more. I also learned about biographies and what is written inside of one.

I have improved on/with: paying attention because it is very important to listen to instructions and do what is told.

The best thing about Reading this year was: that we got to do so many presentations and the presentations were maybe like 1 minute or so, and we studied for them we had more than a week's notice to get ready for them.

The hardest thing we learned/I did was: the comprehension worksheets, I didn't ever like them because they ask you tough questions and I don't understand them.

I wish I would have: gotten better grades on the comprehension worksheets because I didn't try my hardest on all of them, but I did on some of them.

Next year I will make sure that I: pay attention more!!!

Some things I am going to miss in 6th Grade are: most of all the teachers, and the regular classes, and my friends who are going to be moving during the summer.

-hk7

Anonymous said...

In Reading I learned: Types of poems, comprehension , yoga, WOD, and how to make a movie.

I improved on: Comprehension, because i started asking for help and reading it all the way before answering the questions.

The best thing about reading this year was: getting to make a movie and do all the poem projects.

The hardest thing we learned was: writting poems at first because you had to have the write number of syllable and lines.

I wish i would have: read more books because i wanted more water baloons.

Next year i will make sure that I: read more books!!!

Somethings I am going to miss in the 6th grade is: all the projecs that we got to do.

Anonymous said...

In reading I learned about poetry biographys, and timelines.

I improved with poetry beacus I never knowhow to write a poem.

The best thing about reading was poetry.

The hardest thing I did was an alliteration.

I wish I would of studied harder beacuse I I did not do so good.

Next year I will studie harder.

I am going to miss my 6th grade teachers in 7th grade.

---Chris Spradlin

P.S. MADISON MIDDLE SCHOOLS 6th GRADERS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Name: Michael Romero
Date: May 27, 2008
Subject: Reading
Project: Reading Reflections

In Reading this year I learned: Poetry, Plot Lines, the Five Finger Rule, Resources, and the 6 story Elements.

I have improved with: poems because I went home and practiced and made my own .

The best thing about reading this year was: Resources and Flow maps.

The hardest thing I learned was: Poems Because I made some my self.

I wish I would of: readmore Because, I would get more baloons at the end of the year.

Next year I will be sure to read more so I can get more baloons if we do that activity again.

Some things I am going to miss in 6th grade: are all my teachers, my friends, and all my assingments.

Anonymous said...

This year in in Ms.Clany's class I learned that you get to make poems like limericks. The most favorite thing I liked was making posters, props, for your poem presentation. I wished I had worked harder on my Boigraphy and my poetry presentaion because I did not speak
clearly. Wish I was more prepared.
things I am going to miss are making limercks,posters,hikus,lowkus,if wwe had time for lowkus,.I am proud of my self because, On friday
May 23, 2008, I scored an advanced for the first time through out the 6th grade.

Anonymous said...

In READING, I learned:how to blog, poetry, WOD's, the five finger rule, and ICW's

I have improved on/with: getting homework done

because In the begining I was procrastinating

The best thing about reading this year was: poetry

The hardest thing we learned/I did was: making a movie

I wish I would have: stayed on task

because I sometimes get lost

Next year I will make sure that I: stay on task

some things I am going to miss in 6th grade: the teachers

Anonymous said...

In reading I learned what a haiku is, and learning new words from WOD.

I have inproved on trying to read mor because the 7th grade teachers are going to expect us to read more.

The best thing about reading was getting to do fun projects.

The hardest thing was trying to do the independent log because I'm not the person who likes to read.

I wish I would have read more because I could of got more spaces on my independent log.

Next year I will make sure that I will read more.

Some things I am going to miss in 6th grade is the fun teachers like Mr. Smith.

Anonymous said...

In Reading this year I learned:) poetry,plot lines/story lines, diferent types of resources, flow maps, bubble and double-bubble maps.

I have improved on:) presentating in front of the class because We did a lot of presentating and it made me not be so shy and to have fun with things.

The best thign about redign this year was:) Ms. Clancy, The Biographes and beign able to get creative.

THe hardest thing we did was:) all the assesments because you would get so worked up and wouldnt be able to have any fun because they were boring.

I wish i would have:)Came in to fix/correct my bad papers because if i would have done that i would have had better grades


Next Year i will make sure that I:)
study hard because i want to get good grades and have my assesment scores better.

Some things I'm going to miss about 6th grade is:) MS. CLANCY, and the 2nd chances and being able to get so creative


Aura

Anonymous said...

In reading I've learned about W.O.D. words, haikus, cinquains, alliterations, limericks, ICW charts, double bubble maps, bubble maps, flow maps, and elements of plot.

I have improved on/with reading more and poetry in general because I have a lot more time to read and I have been paying more attention in class.

The best thing about reading this year was my teacher, Ms. Clancy, I enjoyed the way she taught and that she helped you when you were stuck.

The hardest thing I did was elements of plot because I had to really search hard to find them in the books I read.

I wish I would have brought more props and gotten more active in what we were doing in class, because I would have gotten a better grade and had more fun in what we were doing.

Next year I will make sure that I participate more in class.

Some things I am going to miss in 6th grade are ALL my teachers and some of the fun assignments that we did.
rk14

Anonymous said...

In Reading this year I learned: WOD words, plotlines, double bubble maps, bubble maps, ICW charts, and poetry.

I have improved on: not being so nervous because I've done a lot of presentations.

The best thing:was that Ms.Clancy
made class fun and easy to understand.

The hardest thing: was plotlines.

I wish I would have:asked more questions because it made it hard to do worksheets if I didn't understand.

Next year I will make sure that: I ask more questions.

Some things I will miss about 6th grade: are all of my teachers(Mr. Smith, getting to use computers a lot, and this years grading scale.

Thanks to all my teachers for making my 6th grade year an awsome one. And I will miss you all!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

In reading I learned: Different kinds of poetry and story elements.

I have improved on/with: handing in my work because I want good grades.

The best thing about this year was:
Learning the WOD.

The hardest thing I learned/I did was:All of the tests.

I wish I would have:handed in all of my work because now I won't get as good of grades.

Next year I will make sure that I:hand in all of my work.

Somethings I am going to miss in 6th grade:the teachers.

mc9

Anonymous said...

Poetry, new words, Haiku, Cinquain, and alliteration, and an Onimopia.

I have improved in reading because wen i read i was slow and couldnt pronouce the words right but now I can and I'm a good reader.

The best thing about reading this year was I learned that all poems don't rhyme

the hardest thing this year was The 5 lined rhyming poem I could think OF NOTHING at all

I wish i would of studies harder and turned my papers in on time
Then my grades wouldn't of been so low!
Next year I will make sure that my papers get handed in on time and Study way harder and do my best on all my work...
Things I will miss in 6th grade is all my teachers and my seat that I sit in on 2nd and 3rd period its all the way in the back but it was my favorite seat EVER....

Anonymous said...

In Reading I learned: Different kinds of poetry, Double bubble map, 5 finger rule, story elements, W.O.D's

I have improved on: The Story Elements because I worked reallllllly hard on them

The best thing about this year was: Poetry because it was fun

The hardest thing I did was:the poetry presentation because it was hard to stand up in front of everybody

I wish I would have: did my homework because I wouldn't have gotten as many SATS

Next year I will make sure that I: do my homework

Some things I will miss in 6th grade are: teachers, the easy work (not so much the hard), and some of the students that left Madison

Ethan Jones

Anonymous said...

In reading this year I learned the 5 finger rule and the story elements.

I have improved on making timelines
because I have practiced them.

The best thing about reading was when we did our poetry projects.

The hardest thing I did in reading this year was the timeline projects because there was so much work to do and it was cofusing.

I wish we would have had time to do more poetry projects because they were fun.

Next year I will make sure that I study for all my test.

Some things I am going to miss in
6th grade are the teachers

Anonymous said...

In Reading,Ilearned:poetry,5 finger rule,Dubble-Bubble maps,ICW chart,Fiow Map,and plot.


I have inproved on/all the stuff we learnd.
Because I studied it


The best thing about Reading this year was:the projects and workshop.


The hardest thing we learnd was:poetry.


I wish I would have:done my homework.
Because I would have goten a better grade


Next year I will make sure that I: do my homework and work harder.


Some things I am going to miss in 6th grade:are my teachers.

Anonymous said...

I learned about poetry, vocabulary, similes, metaphors, personification, and, I also learned what the meanings and how to pronounce words like Sleuth and genre.

I improved with vocabulary because I had never done it before so it was a new way for me to extend my knowledge.

I liked the poetry projects that we did.

The hardest thing I felt we did was taking all the online and on paper assesments.

I wish I would have put more effert into all of my papers so that way my grade would have been higher.

Next year I will put more effort into all of my papers in every class.

Some things I will miss about sixth grade is everything including: the teachers and some of the projects.

Anonymous said...

Things I learned in reading this year was poetry, flow maps, how to do comprehension,and line plots.

I have improved on reading stronger and better because we read alot in reading.

the best thing this year was W.O.D.

The hardest thing was taking tests.

I wish I would have done better on tests because it would have helped my grades.

Next year I will make sure I read more.

some things I'll miss about 6th grade is the teachers.

Anonymous said...

I have learned about different kinds of poems. Also how to read at a 7.5 reading level.

I will miss the most about the 6TH GRADE is the fun and stupied things I did.

Anonymous said...

well we learned some w.o.d. words, we learned about hikous, lowkous, cinquains, limericks, similies, medafors, onomonopea,and personafacation

Anonymous said...

MY READING REFLECTIONS
IN READING, I HAVE LEARNED=alot about poetry and biographs.
I HAVE IMPROVEDON=reading alot faster BECAUSE..of all the books I have read.
THE BEST THING ABOUT READING THIS YEAR=all the poetry the WOD words SO WE ALL LEARNED NEW WORDS.
THE HARDEST THING WE HAVE LEARNED=the biograph stuff and the COMP sheets.
I WISH I WOULD HAVE=worked harder on everything BECAUSE..mt grade has been low lately.
NEXT YEAR I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I=study harder and pay more attention and have my work handed in on time!!!!!!!!!!
SOMETHING THAT I WILL MISS ABOUT 6TH GRADE IS=is thatI will miss MRS.MCNITTand MS.CLANCYand how they always pushed in the right direction along with the other taechers but not as they
did!!!!!!!!!!


P.S.6TH GRADE ROCKS OUT OF EVERY OTHER GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

In Reading, I learned was a lot of interesting poems, and I learned that making notes helps, poetry can be fun, making predicitions can help to. To make notes on the paper because it really helps when you need it.The best thing about reading this year was the poetry. The hardest thing we learned was the kite because I couldn't make it. I wish I would have been more partisapent because I would of learned more. Next year I will make sure that I pay attintion. Some things I will miss in sixth grade is Ms. Clancys reading class and the things we did in the class like the poetry.

Anonymous said...

The things I learned Miss. Clancy's
6th grade readning class are: Poetry like Haiku's ,and Lowku's.,timelines, presentations,
Comprehension wkst's,Types of resources like Specialized encyclopidias,Wod words like keen. The hardest thing I learned was comprehension. because I didn't listen most of the time.
Iwish I would have studied harder on timelines, because I was going ahead of everybody.Next yaer I will mae sure that I get good grades in reading. Things I will miss about 6th grade is yoga, reading books, but most of all reading.

Anonymous said...

I have learned a lot this year such as poetry, flow maps, five finger rule, double bubble maps, and many more. Poetry I learned that a hiku is a Japanies vers that dosn't rime. it has three lines and has a silibale order of 5,7,5. usuly about nature. a lowku is the same in every way but one it isn't about nature it is about feelings most of the time.
a double-bubble map is like compare and contrast but in bubble form.

Anonymous said...

In Reading this year I learned. The five finger rule,ICW,colors for your emoushions,plot line.

Anonymous said...

well i had learned a lot of things
like limerick haiku lowku

i had did better on all my work because i come in to get it done

best thing is th at we got to right some nice poems

the hard thing was the research on the people we did it was hard to find the info

gotten all papers done i would've gotten better grades

i will listen to the teacher and turn in papers

reading because i will not be able to do the poems

I WILL MISS YA MS. CLANCY!!!!

Anonymous said...

This year I have learned alot more than I thought I would when I first came into the 6th grade heck I thought 6th would be alot of work but I was wrong. I had fun In the sixth grade. Now here are some of the coolest things, difficult things, and the absolute hard things....


1. The timeline getting info, peace of cake. now doing the timeline it is gonna take some work to complete it.

2. Doing the poems and memorizing them for the test peace of cake I got an advanced. I t really isn't that hard when you study it isn;t that bad. Oh and just to let you know it is really easy so you should be able to get an advenced.

3. The reading reflections not that hard you just memorize what you are learning.

4. The WOD's are really farely simple just memorize and get them done whether you likke it or not.



READING CLASS OF 07/08 IS THE BEST CLASS EVER and the easiest to




this was done by .......
Tiffany Colleen Kotik

Anonymous said...

IN READING I LEARNED: A DOUBLE BUBBLE MAP. I ALSO LEARNED ALL THE RESOURCES, LOWKU'S, HIKU'S, CYNCAINS, ONOMONPIAS,AND ALL THE EVENTS.

I HAVE IMPROVED ON/ WITH: I HAVE IMPROVED ON POEMS AND THE RESOURCES.

BECAUSE: I GOT A LOWER GRADE THAN I WANTED AND LEARNED MORE EVERY DAY.

THE BEST THING I LEARNED IN READING: WAS WHEN WE LEARNED POETRY BECAUSE I THINK IT IS FUN TO LEARN AND IT RYMES SOMETIMES ON SOMETIMES IT IS JUST FUN TO SIT DOWN AND READ.

THE HARDEST THING I LEARNED: IS WHEN WE HAD TO DO A DOUBLE BUBBLE MAP ECAUSE I GOT A BAD GRADE ON IT BECAUSE I RUSHED THROUGH MY PAPER AND I WAS TALKING WHEN THE TEACHER WAS TEACHING US AND GIVING US THE INSTRUCTONS.

I WISH I WOULD HAVE: DONE BETTER WITH THE POETRY.
BECAUSE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT BUT, I SHOULD OF ASKED QUESTIONS IF I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT.

NEXT YEAR I WILL MAKE SURE I WILL:
I WLL NOT TALK AS MUCH, PAY ATTENTION, AND LISTEN SO I GET A BETTER GRADE.

SOMETHINGS I AM GOING TO MISS ABOUT 6TH GRADE IS:
MS. CLANCY FOR ONE AND THEN ALL THE HELP SHE GAVE US AND SHE LET US REDO PAPPERS THAT WERE A BAD GRADE.

Anonymous said...

In reading class I learned :)

dubble bubble map,lowku's,cyncaine

hiku's,all the resources bubble map

onomopias,different types of poetry

I in proved with :) poetry & double bubble maps

They were kind of hard at first but
after I to listening to what ms.clancy said i got to know what it all was

The best thing about reading :)was

learning poetry and having fun all the time in reading class

The hardest thing I learned was onomopias I didnt get them at first then i started listening more and more and i got it :) I love reading class this year *

Anonymous said...

in reading i learned all of my story elements .I improved on my low kaui and high kaui becuase i took my time on it and i understaned it more. The best thing i learned this year was if you take your time you will get good results than bad results.the hardest thing i learned was the quiz on pomety. I wish i took my time was on my test .Next year i wlii make is that i take more time on my test. things that i will miss is my teachers.

Anonymous said...

Reading Reflections
I learned how to make different types of poems and I learned how to do work shop.I learned about difrent people. I also learned how to take notes. I have also improved on my reading level because I learned about the five finger rule.That helped me pick a book that was just for me.THe best thing about reading this year was all the fun hands on projects we did and all the thing I learned.The hardest thing I learned was how to make diffrent poem and then try and remember thaem all.I wish I would have visited the blog a lot more because that way I could of got a head start on all my projects.Next year I will make sure that I studie harder.

Anonymous said...

in reading i learned about poems

I have improved in my reading ability because the teacher has helped me.

The best thing about reading was the help i got from miss.clancy.

poetry was hard.

got an a in reading.
I have an b in reading

hand in my papers on time and have some better quility on my letters + i need to write a lot slower and
take my time

all my teachers that cared for me

Anonymous said...

hey miss clancy you told me to check this out but i didnt no where to comment so i just did it here and by the way this is derek vargas and i would just like to say i did enjoy having you as a teacher and ill miss you its sad that youll be leaving so ill just leave it on this note have fun where ever your going

Anonymous said...

thank you derek! sorry i hadn't updated it before you got on-- you are to quick! hopefully you continue to check in with me... i would love to hear how your summer goes and all about your first year at the high school.

-Ms. Clancy

Anonymous said...

thank you derek! sorry i hadn't updated it before you got on-- you are to quick! hopefully you continue to check in with me... i would love to hear how your summer goes and all about your first year at the high school.

-Ms. Clancy

Practicing PLOT and CONFLICT: Sierra Mist #1

Practicing PLOT and CONFLICT: Sierra Mist #2

Practicing PLOT and CONFLICT: Sierra Mist #3